WearCheck Specialty Laboratory Vacancy
Position: Laboratory Supervisor, Isando, Johannesburg.
Main Job Functions:
To organise and control the laboratory and staff in order to facilitate the efficient processing of all samples timeously according to IS0 9001:2015 and ISO 17025 policies and procedures.
- Minimum Education – 3 years tertiary chemical qualification and 3-5 years laboratory related work experience
- Chromatography experience would be desirable
- Experience in instrument troubleshooting and problem solving
- Good knowledge of ISO17025 requirements
- Ability to utilize computer software programs, including database programs and spreadsheets
- Methodical, accurate, conscientious, energetic and technically minded
- Good supervision, time management and organisational skills
- High attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Must be a team player
- To supervise all laboratory functions, including the proper maintenance and operation of the equipment and performing first line troubleshooting
- To maintain optimal levels of laboratory consumables at all times
- To maintain high standards of housekeeping and safety within the laboratory at all times and ensure that all safety issues are resolved timeously
- To monitor instrument performance on a daily basis and perform calibrations where necessary
- To monitor all process control standards on an ongoing basis to ensure problems are detected timeously
- To ensure that staff are trained to perform their duties at all times
Availability: The successful candidate must be able to start in their position as soon as possible.
Applications close on 11th May 2018. If you have not received a response by 25th May 2018, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.